Search This Blog

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Divisional Round Playoff Game Picks

NFL Divisional Playoff Picks - With Spreads

Record Last Week: Winner (4-0), Spreads (3-1)

Baltimore Ravens (11-6) +7.5 @ New England Patriots (12-4) -7.5
Josh’s Pick: New England Patriots -7.5
Mostly a homer pick by me, but the Patriots can easily win this game by more than a touchdown if they get the ball in and out of Brady’s hands quickly, and if the offensive line plays better than it has in the last few weeks. The Ravens are always a tough game for the Patriots so it could also easily be closer.

Carolina Panthers (8-8-1) +10.5 @ Seattle Seahawks (12-4) -10.5
Josh’s Pick: Seattle Seahawks -10.5
I wanted to pick with my heart and take the Panthers, but in reality that is improbable. I think the crowd will be fire up the Seahawks defense and Russell Wilson will make some incredible with his legs. Marshawn Lynch was easily the best running back in the postseason a year ago and I could see that trend continuing. However, I do think this game will be closer than the final score suggests.

Dallas Cowboys (13-4) +6.5 @ Green Bay Packers (12-4) -6.5
Josh’s Pick: Dallas Cowboys +6.5
It’s unfortunate to hear that Aaron Rodgers will be playing with a slight tear in his calf to begin the postseason, and I do think that will limit his mobility and potential on some passing plays. I do think he will lead the Packers to a victory against a Dallas team that has a far better offense than they do defense. Inversely, the same thing goes for Tony Romo against the Packers defense. Julio Jones lit up the Packers for over 250 yards and I could see Dez Bryant having a big game to make this one a shoot-out. Ultimately I trust Aaron Rodgers on his home turf.

Indianapolis Colts (12-5) +7.5 @ Denver Broncos (12-4) -7.5
Josh’s Pick: Indianapolis Colts +7.5

I like Denver winning this one in the end, but not by more than a touchdown. I think Andrew Luck keeps this game close and it makes for one that comes down to the final few minutes. I think Peyton will look vulnerable but have a good enough game to outduel Andrew Luck. Von Miller, Demarcus Ware, Aqib Talib, Chris Harris, and TJ Ward also make for a harder defense to pass against. 

No comments:

Post a Comment